NEW BOOK IS OUT!
The Marriage Motive: A Price Theory of Marriage. How Marriage Markets Affect Employment, Consumption and Savings. Springer, 2015
||New podcast: On economics of marriage: Web | iTunes
- Ranked in top 8% (503 out of 6161) of authors of IZA Working Papers
- REPEC: Ranked in top 10% of the economics profession in terms of nb of journal pages, nb of distinct works, and nb of abstract views weighted by nb of authors.
- Huffington Post: Among the 26 economists worth following on twitter! huff.to/11rpx61
- Gary Becker (Nobel prize 1992): "Keep up the very good work!" Email, 2014.
- The late Jacob Mincer (IZA prize 2002): "To Shoshana, with best wishes for continuing the tradition." 1993
- Jim Heckman (Nobel Prize 2000): ""Shoshana Grossbard is widely known for her work on the economics of the family."
- Edward P. Lazear (Prof of Economics, Stanford GSB, IZA prize 2004) "Shoshana Grossbard is a leading figure in family economics.";
- Barry Chiswick (IZA prize 2011): " Shoshana Grossbard is the foremost economist studying the Economics of Marriage" Email, 2013.
- Valerie Ramey (among the top 1% of women economists in the world ac to REPEC): "Shoshana Grossbard is a pioneer in the field of economics of the household."
More about Prof Grossbard’s work
Paris conference on Beckerian Economics of the Family, Oct. 2011
Prof Grossbard testifies as an expert witness at Canada’s constitutional reference case, to determine the validity of Canada's polygamy law.
Affidavit (.pdf) | Written Media Coverage (.pdf) | Interview on French Canadian radio (.mp3)
Videotaped appearances, Madrid, Spain, May 2010 | Munich Lectures on the Economics of Marriage
Eulogy for Gary Becker, 2014
Polygamy Is Bad for Women, New York Times, Dec 17, 2013
The Declining Demand for Husbands, New York Times, June 17, 2013
Poverty Rate Steady, Census Data Says, UT San Diego, September 13, 2012
Lower fertility and recession, KUSI News, July 2012
Is California Greece?, CNN Radio News, August 23, 2012
People Expect Too much from government. Heraldo de Aragon, Zaragoza, Spain, Februray 3, 2012 (in Spanish)
Polygamy and religious freedom- Zenit, February 6, 2011
The Economics of Big Love- New York Times, January 24, 2011
Polygamy leaves women worse off, court told- The Globe and Mail, August 23, 2012
Taxing sex to save California from its budget deficit - San Diego News Network, June 8, 2009
Interviewed in Simon W. Bowmaker, ed. The Heart of Teaching Economics: Lessons from Leading Minds. Williston, VT: Edward Elgar, 2010.
Interviewed for Economy affects divorce rates,
TV News 6, San Diego, January 12, 2009
Interviewed for Poor economy keeping some from expanding family,
on Channel 10 news, San Diego, December 17, 2008
From the Freakonomics blog: on the leisure/work debate, June 11, 2007
Labour force participation of women and « marriage market » in the USA (English)
Travail des femmes et « marché du mariage » aux USA (Français)
Essais et Debats, La Vie des Idees Website, March 20, 2009
Why Has Women's Relative Labor Force Participation been Dropping?
March 23, 2006