|SELLING WITHOUT WORDS (NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION)
|Visual communication the expresses majority of a person's
feelings and emotions
- Body language includes facial expressions, shifts in posture and stance, as well as the
movement of body limbs.
- Understand the Body Language of Gestures
- Body Signals
- Hand Movements
- Your mannerisms should be calm and unhurried.
- Facial expressions convey a larger percentage of the nonverbal message than body
- If you can read a prospect's body language and control your own body signals then you
are more likely to be understood.
- Warning signals that the prospect is either not understanding or not accepting the
- Rubbing the nose.
- Leaning back in the chair with hands behind the head.
- Resting the head in the hands with elbows on the desk.
- Finger under collar or rubbing back of neck.
- The Non Verbal Dictionary
- Analyzing the walk
- Biomotion Lab
||concerned with the physical distance individuals prefer to
maintain between themselves and others.
- Successful sellers tend to move closer to aclient when closing a sale.
- It is best to carefully test for a prospect's comfort zone.
- Comfort zones tend to change with sex, status, or age.
- Four to twelve feet from the client could be a good distance in which to begin a sales
- In a selling situation, the intimate zone should be entered only by invitation or during
- Americans use a firm, solid grip;
- Middle Easterners and Asians prefer a gentle grip a firm grip to them suggests
- Americans are taught to look directly
- Japanese and Koreans are taught to avoid direct eye contact, direct eye contact to them
is considered a weakness, and may indicate sexual overtones
- For Americans, forming a circle with thumb and forefinger to signal O.K.
- Means "zero" or worthless in France
- Means money in Japan
- Means calling someone a very bad name in Germany.
|NODDING YES OR
- For Americans, up and down means yes, side to side means no
- in Bulgaria, the nods are reversed in meaning.
|PUTTING FEET ON TABLE
- An American gesture is found to be offensive to nearly every other country around the