Student Health Services
Student Health Services (SHS) is located in Calpulli Center near the Viejas Arena and is committed to the job of "educating the whole person." We encourage you to maintain a healthy balance in your life -- academic, social, emotional, and physical well-being are all important aspects of a successful university experience. SHS places an emphasis on health education and preventive medicine.
All regularly enrolled students prepay a health fee, included in their registration fees, which entitle them to basic medical services through Student Health Services.
• We are a primary care medical center on campus. It is accredited by AAAHC and offers medical care by board certified physicians and nurse practitioners. We also offer Health Promotion/Education; a Pharmacy; Lab & X-ray , an after-hours Nurse Advice Line, a Dental Center and Eye Clinic. Specialty or ‘augmented’ services are available in orthopedics, physical therapy, sports medicine, nutrition, and dermatology. The Dental Center and Eye Clinic are also both open and provide services at significantly reduced pricing. Also, both clinics accept selected insurance plans.
• Students may make advanced or same day appointments or, if it is a medically urgent issue, come to our urgent care.
• Many students are eligible for Family PACT, which is a state-wide program that provides free family planning services to both male and female students. Inquire at the Health Promotion office, sign up and receive reproductive health care at no charge (i.e., the fees we usually charge are waived).
• We do not provide any inpatient services or other specialty services, so we strongly advise you stay on your parents or your own medical insurance/hospitalization policy for as long as possible. Health insurance is also available at a low cost through Anthem Blue Cross. You can pick up policy information at Student Health Services or visit www.csuhealthlink.com
• Proof of Measles and Rubella vaccinations are required for all students during their first semester at SDSU.
• Hepatitis B Immunization is only required for those students who are 18 years or younger. Students need to provide proof of immunization against or immunity to Hepatitis B during their first semester at SDSU.
• The Meningitis vaccine is recommended for students living in the residence halls and any other student wishing to decrease risk of contracting meningitis. The vaccine is available at SHS at a reduced cost.
Student Health Services can also provide information to you if/when you need referral to health care providers in the community.
Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thurs: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.