About The National Center for the Study
of Children's Literature
- Nearly 40 years old, SDSU's Children's
Literature Program is one of the oldest programs of its kind in the
- With as many as 1200 enrollments annually in
its undergraduate and graduate (M.A.) classes, SDSU has one of the largest
programs in Children's Literature in North America.
- Children's Literature has been identified as
a special area of disciplinary strength at SDSU and employs many
experts in that field. Among its faculty
are: five full-time specialists, several adjunct
faculty who teach in this discipline, and four emeriti who remain active in the program.
- Among its faculty are leading scholars in Children's
literature, authors of numerous and distinguished books and essays
in the field, and prize-winning researchers with national and international
- SDSU has come to be known as one of the leading places
in the U.S. to do study in Children's Literature. Home to the National
Center for the Study of Children's Literature, SDSU annually attracts
visiting foreign researchers and has hosted numerous conferences and
Children's Literature Program
Department of English &
San Diego State University
San Diego, California 92182-6020
- Lissa Paul, Lecture: "In Search of Eliza Fenwick (1766-1840): Or, the Trials and Tribulations of Writing a Life", May 1, 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Kenneth Kidd, Lecture: Philosophy for Children, April 11, 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Be sure to check out our latest book reviews!
- Also check out our blog, where we talk about children's literature items myriad, sundry, and profound.
- SDSU Children's Lit has a grad association now! The Children's Literature Graduate Student Association hosts monthly discussion roundtables and aims to publish an online, peer-reviewed journal in May. Read more about the GSA here, and like their Facebook page here.
- Our new daily book review site is sdsubookreviews.blogspot.com. We began this review blog in 2012. Hundreds of older reviews can still be found at the archive on this website.
The statements found on this site are for informational purposes only.
While every effort is made to ensure that this information
is up to date and accurate, official information can be found in the
Site design by Jessica Knapp
Site Maintenance by Jill Coste